Please print this document for your records
Thank you for becoming a CSA Shareholder of Seabreeze Organic Farm.
(CSA=Community Supported Agriculture)
We have been growing vegetables, fruits, herbs, flowers and eggs for San Diegans since 1988. The vast majority of your weekly delivery will have been grown here at Seabreeze.
We hope you will enjoy and benefit from our efforts.
- 'Skipping’ a delivery or vacation times: Although consistency of income is vital to a farm, not everyone can afford to ‘gift’ their vacation time delivery so we allow each shareholder a two week ‘vacation’ time with a 1 week’s notice. If you are going to be gone for longer than this, just drop us an email and we will put your account on hold. We do have military families that gratefully accept donated bags and we all will appreciate it if that is something you’d like to do.
- Sometimes life gets in the way and you haven’t used up the last delivery and want to put the next one off by one week. Again, just drop us an email by the prior Friday, and we’ll postpone your next delivery. This can be done up to 4 times in a 12 month period of time.
- We require notice of 30 days prior to cancellation of your subscription by email (our preference) or a phone call to the office. When cancellation is necessary, please consider allowing us to use any remaining balance you have on your account after your last delivery to maintain the farm. If that's not possible, your remaining balance will be refunded after your last delivery.
- Other CSA’s charge for three months in advance - for our members' convenience, we don't. When you sign up, you choose your payment type and frequency. Each delivery reduces your balance on account and whenever your account balance reaches the $100.00 minimum, your recurring chosen method of payment is triggered, which is added to your balance.
- For sanitation reasons, please do not return paper or plastic bags, honey jars or egg cartons. Please recycle them.
- We realize people have a variety of cooking and eating customs. The types of fruits and vegetables we grow are selected by our growing region, seasonality, diversity, nutritional value and popularity. Some weeks you might love everything and some weeks you might be challenged. If you want substitutions, we will accommodate you to the best of our ability. However, this takes extra time and attention and a handling fee of $2 per delivery will be charged for accomodation of specific preferences.
- There are many many insects and animals (both day and night) that want to eat our produce before it gets to you! We use no chemicals or pesticides of any kind – rather we depend on growing techniques, our free-roaming duck patrol, taking certain losses, and keeping a keen eye out. Our quality is quite good, however, sometimes when packing we miss a reject. If you have any problems or concerns or suggestions, please let us know. We grow for you.
- One of the objectives of our business is to assist you in convenience and saving time. Selections from the Green Store are easy to add to your weekly bag without additional handling fees and it helps the farm, too. Please visit the Green Store often to see what’s available seasonally. We appreciate the extra support.
- Again, you may be fairly new to cooking but don’t be discouraged. It’s actually very pleasurable and the benefits to your family are many. Meet us half way and don’t get discouraged..everything in your delivery is very good for you. Search our website for recipes, search the internet for recipes, order the A to Z Cookbook, read Stephenie’s Tips... It takes a community to support a farm - and we are here for you too. Thank you.
That's just about the gist of it. By your choosing to eat locally grown, you are self-assuring a safe, fresh and nutritional food supply.
Happy cooking and thank you again for choosing Seabreeze!
Click here to order your CSA delivery